Earn Money-Rent Out Your "Spot"

If you own some prime parking real estate, you could put cash in your pocket and get more exercise by renting out your spot and parking further away. If access to your car is less convenient, perhaps you'll drive even less, saving money on gas too. Blogger Anne Gelhaus writes of her own experience: " I had two parking spaces and one car. My upstairs neighbors had two parking spaces and three cars. So when Joe asked me if he could park his truck in my "guest parking" space, good-neighbor math indicated this was the best course of action. 

 A couple months later, I found myself on the other side of the equation, in desperate need of a small loan to see me through until payday. I knocked on Joe's door, put on my best "cuppa sugar" smile and made my request. Joe handed me a couple sawbucks, saying, "Don't worry about paying me back. Consider it rent for the parking space." With those words, a beautiful, mutually beneficial relationship was born. 

Joe and Rebecca continue to use my extra parking space and so no longer have to park their third vehicle on the street, where it was broken into several times even before the current rash of catalytic converter thefts and gas siphoning. I, in turn, get occasional bump-up to my wallet for doing something I would have done for free anyway."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IMPORTANCE OF DUA - WAKAFA BILLAHE WALIYA

Unusual Trees in the World

Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin (Ra) & Syedna Mufaddal Saifuddin (Tus)